DonJoy Reaction Web Knee Brace
The DonJoy Reaction Knee Brace is designed to treat or help prevent patellofemoral problems. It does this by absorbing shock to the knee and dispersing the energy away from the patella (kneecap). This considerably reduces pain felt in the front of the knee. It provides good support to the patella and some support for the knee in general.
The brace has an elastomeric web design with an open framework and mesh backing. This makes it very light (only half a pound), breathable, and comfortable to wear, and is therefore an excellent alternative to traditional neoprene or elastic sleeves. Lateral patella buttresses all around the knee maintain the kneecap in the correct tracking position while the dual-axis hinges, made from the same flexible plastic as the buttresses, protect the MCL.
The Reaction Knee Brace is constructed to help people with patellofemoral tracking problems; tendonitis or tendonosis in the patella or quadriceps; patellar subluxation; chondromalacia patella (runnerâ€™s knee); Osgood-Schlatter disease, and mild osteoarthritis.
Progressive Pain Relief â€” The elastomeric web design helps to reduce pain by dispersing energy across the knee. The web acts like a spring to absorb shock and shifts the peak loads away from the painful area of the knee.
- Progressive Pain Relief â€” The elastomeric web design helps to reduce pain by dispersing energy across the knee. The web acts like a spring to absorb shock and shifts the peak loads away from the painful area of the knee.
- Elastomeric Web â€” Acts to dynamically stabilize the patella on all sides, bringing the patella into proper tracking position to reduce pain for patients with general patellofemoral instabilities.
- Reimbursable Solution â€” PDAC-assigned code for L1810, the REACTION WEB has dual-axis hinges that are flexible, creating synergy with the elastomeric web for optimal fit and support, and providing energy dispersion to the knee.
- Sustained Comfort â€” The open framework of the elastomeric web, in combination with the mesh backing, creates a comfortable fit and a breathable solution for relief of anterior knee pain.
- Stays in Place â€” The adjustable strapping at the top and bottom allow uniform pressure across the knee working in tandem with the elastomeric web to stay in place on the knee for all-day usage.
- Better Fit and Comfort â€” A new back pad fits and conforms better to the knee, and is softer, more breathable and more lightweight.
The DonJoy Reaction knee brace is used to treat or prevent the following injuries:
- Chondromalacia patella
- Quadriceps or patellar tendonitis/tendinosis
- Osgood-Schlatter disease
- General patellofemoral tracking issues
- Mild OA